v8.9.0 - Lots of Improvements!
This update focused on a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will really help the way we test and release patches in the future.
We’re also looking into getting Tabletop Simulator upgraded to 64 bit as only .8% of our player base is on 32 bit. We will not be offering both, so once we upgrade to 64 bit, we will phase out 32 bit support. So if you are on a 32 bit OS we recommend looking to upgrade.
There is still a lot of work to getting Tabletop Simulator 64 bit, but the advantages of using more than ~3 gigs of ram will greatly improve the game’s stability and allow you guys to be more creative with your mods.
DLC – Warfighter Improvements
- Reset card with the sideways setting back to normal.
- Removed the Infinite Bag type from the Warfighter main rulebook cover.
- Main board is now locked in place.
- Returned XP and SUPP tokens to their original Chip setting.
- Tooltip added to the Designator Board to aid clarity.
- Warfighter includes expansions #1-9.
Workshop, Saves and Saved Objects Improvements
- Improved name sorting of folders in saves, workshop, and saved objects.
- Preview games menu now includes save/workshop files that are in folders.
- When searching in Workshop, Saves, and Saved Objects it will search all files in your folder or below.
Steam Cloud Improvements
- Major increase from 1 gig to 100 gigs in the Steam Cloud.
- This should fix issues people had when they reached the 1gig limit.
- 1,000 file limit to 10,000 file limit.
- No need to use external web hosts if you don’t want to.
- Steam Cloud now syncs thumbnail images.
- The Gizmo Tool now works for Promoted Players.
- When an object is selected with the gizmo tool it will also be highlighted by the player’s color.
- Gizmo Tool swapped hotkey with Snap Points to now be F9.
Mac & Linux Improvements
- Fixed Tabletop Simulator documents location for Mac and Linux.
- Should automatically move files.
- Mac: ~/My Games/Tabletop Simulator to ~/Library/Tabletop Simulator
- Linux: ~/My Games/Tabletop Simulator to ~/.local/share/Tabletop Simulator
- Saves folder can now have save files with any format name – they no longer have to be TSSave#.
- Added delay for download progress appearing onscreen.
- When searching the new menus, thumbnails should flicker less.
- Added scale property to createButton() and editButton()
- Fixed duplication exploit.
- Fixed some potential issues with TTSAssetBundleEffects with null references.
- Fixed Saved Objects not loading for some people.
- Fixed grid hex setting being lost when opening the grid menu.
v8.8.0 - New Saved Objects Menu & Folder Creation!
We have some great improvements this week with the addition of creating folders in the Games Menu for Workshop and Saved Games! The Saved Objects Menu got a much needed overhaul with improvements to the entire folder system. Keep reading on for full details!
Workshop & Saves Folder Creation
- You can now create folders and sub-folders in both Workshop and Saved Games.
- Folders and Save Files can be moved from the root directory to any folders in the respective category.
- Use the Options menu (Triple dots icon) to move files.
- Folders will always default to show on top, except on the main Games Menu.
- Saved Objects Create Folders
Saved Objects Menu
- Revamped the Saved Objects menu to reflect the updated UI.
- You can now create sub-folders in the Saved Objects menu, as well as move objects around.
- There are now thumbnail preview images.
- A warning pops up when you try to overwrite an object with the same name.
- A warning pops up when you try to move an object into a folder with the same name.
- You can sort the objects by name, updated, loaded and random.
- Updated checkboxes and radio buttons throughout the UI.
- Thumbnails for Saves and Workshop items have been moved out of the thumbnails folder and into the same folder as the Save and Workshop files.
- Image quality of Workshop/Saves thumbnail is less shimmery.
- Added icons for custom table and custom background expand saves.
- Added tooltips to the Server browser Country section.
Text Tool Improvements
- You can now move the text with the Gizmo Tool.
- Updated color picker now used with the Text Tool.
- Updated the UI.
- Fixed up flickering background.
- Fixed late joining players breaking the Text Tool.
Gizmo Tool Improvements
- You can now use the Gizmo Tool with the Text Tool.
- You can now move the Hand Zones with the Gizmo Tool
- You can now use the box select tool to select multiple objects to use the Gizmo Tool.
Box Select Improvements
- Improved visuals of the rectangle Box Selection.
- It no longer scales based on distance to camera.
- It has a sharper look with the fill color.
- Removed misleading hover highlighting.
- Improved text selection to highlight all for certain input fields.
- Thumbnails will be removed when deleting files.
- Cleaned up project files by deleting old files and rearranging other files.
- Fixed issue with Hotseat not working properly.
- Fixed thumbnail not updating correctly when overriding save.
- Fixed camera colliding with invisible bounds.
v8.7.0 - New Gizmo Tools, Hidden Zones Improvements!
We’re excited that we’ve got some great new tools and improvements with the Gizmo Tool and Hidden Zones! You can now modify zones and objects to a whole new level – even inputting exact values that you want.
We have also updated the Chest (now Components) menu to match the rest of the UI and it’s setup very similar to the Games menu.
New Gizmo Tools
- The Gizmo tools have been overhauled to be more easy to use and give you more flexibility and control.
- The Gizmo will always be the same size on screen.
- The Gizmo tool can move non-interactable items.
- It works on all objects including zones (excluding Hand Zones).
- You can now use the Gizmo tool on multiple objects.
- CTRL + Click to multi select objects.
Use to move an object in space.
Screen space translation.
Use to rotate an object.
Use to scale an object.
Volume Scale (NEW):
Use to scale an object by stretching its sides.
Scale from center.
Transform Space (NEW):
Local: Gizmos are in selected object’s rotation.
Global: Gizmos are in global rotation.
Center: Gizmos placed at the center of the selection.
Pivot: Gizmos placed at selected object’s pivot point.
- Added Transform menu to Gizmo tool.
- When using the Gizmo Tool, click an object and a menu pops up so you can input the values for the X, Y & Z axis.
- This will let you place, move, rotate or size objects to your exact specifications.
- Drag the x, y, or z label for each component to increase or decrease the value.
- Easy to select and copy (for pasting into Lua scripts) or click to copy it all to clipboard.
Hidden Zones Improvements
- With the improvements to the Gizmo Tool, comes improvements to the Hidden Zones.
- You can now use the Gizmo tools to have precise control of the zones.
- Create your Zones, then switch to the Gizmo Tool (you can use any of them).
- Use Volume Scale to really get the precise size and placement that you want.
- You can also input exact values into the Transform menu if you know the sizes you need.
- Zones no longer have a larger invisible collider (new zones will be default taller).
Revamped Chest Menu.
- Renamed Chest to Components.
- Updated the Components menu to match the rest of the UI.
- Larger buttons for bigger previews.
- Improved drag & drop spawning positioning.
- Updated category menu icons.
Scythe DLC Improvements
- All doubled separator dash lines have been removed from Tool Tip texts.
- The “Innovative” and “Militant” Mat running order has been switched to match the numbers on the Selection cards.
- Fixed issue with snap points on the Mechanical game mat.
- Fixed typo for ‘Innovative’ in Mat tooltip.
- Fixed minor scripting issues.
Tiny Epic Western DLC Improvements
- Made the Influence and Industry tokens not sticky, so that manipulating them is easier when trying to move stacks.
- Fixed Colored zones for Red/Green being mixed up.
- Fixed rotation snap points for the porch slots of the player mats so the cards face the correct way.
- onObjectLeaveContainer(Object Container, Object LeaveObject)
- Fixed Superfight DLC so table and backgrounds can’t be clicked on and accidentally deleted.
- Camera reset position for colors that don’t have hands is now calculated based on the positions of the hands on the table.
- You can now ALT zoom objects in the UI menus.
- Improved rotation on objects in the UI to match ALT zoom (Sideways cards, figurines, tools, etc).
- Loading local assetbundle that is already in the caching location will use the shorthand version.
- Fixed issue with ALT RMB dropping both cards when the deck gets down the last two.
- Fixed copying Text Tool guid to clipboard.
- Fixed issue with drop sound for Assetbundles not working.
- Fixed issue with Assetbundle point filter texture being weird.
- Fixed issue with Workshop search tooltips being messed up.
- Fixed issue with loading assetbundles from your local disk.
- Fixed issue with saving in VR.
- Fixed bizarre camera spinning when pressing the spacebar to reset the camera.
v8.6.0 - Scripting & Loading Improvements & More!
Update v8.6 focuses on improvements galore! We’ve improved some of the UI based on feedback, improved loading quite a bit and even VR got some love! We also made some additions and improvements to scripting.
- Added text to the main Top Menu for ease of use.
- Added date to delay tooltip for Games menu – Workshop and saves
- Added tooltips to main menu selections.
- Cleaned up various areas of the UI so they are all matching.
- Games menu can now sort by the last “Loaded”.
- Auto save can now be deleted and expanded like other save files.
- Improved spacing of tooltip when adding a delay tooltip like description.
- Renamed Custom Tile type ‘Mat’ to ‘Rounded’.
- Renamed Saves/Chest folder to Saves/Saved Objects and moved all files over.
- Greatly cleaned up overall code base for faster iteration times in the future.
- Clicking copied to guid to clipboard closes the contextual menu.
- print() goes in all chat tabs now.
- Optimized an empty global script from being executed
- Fixed some bugs with auto play scripts
All past tense events made present tense (ie, onPickedUp() renamed to onPickUp()) deprecated old calls
setVelocity(table velocityVector) setAngularVelocity(table angularVelocityVector)
getStates() name, guid, id
- More reliable without getting stuck loading.
- Unified all loading under one system for better maintainability.
- Loading progress more accurate to how many unique assets are having to be loaded.
- Fixed issues when changing from one game to another while loading.
- Normal maps load much faster.
- Objects that fail to load will no longer fall through the table but will be locked in the correct position.
- Loading progress will inform you if mod caching is turned off.
- Added a better DLC loading progress indicator.
- Almost eliminated massive lag right when DLC finishes loading.
- VR players can peek when zooming an object by turning their hand. This will no longer hide the object and the peek symbol will show on the item so others are aware.
- VR Alt zoom now works on assetbundles.
- Search and Peek icons show up correctly in VR.
- Fixed VR so it can interact with 3D UI elements just like regular mode.
- Updated most DLCs with links to rulebooks in the Notebook.
- Turn order is now based on the position of the hands on the table instead of a preset list.
- Shaking a stated object will no longer shuffle it.
- Improved sharpness of Assetbundle textures by adding negative mipmap bias to main texture.
- Increased states and effects selection menu from 50 to 99 cap.
- Added better error handling and reporting for Workshop downloading.
- Added broadcast message when copying something to your clipboard.
- Updated Help Menu with Top Down camera info.
- Fixed DLCs with Tablets not loading Rulebooks.
- Fixed issue with returning to main menu with a DLC loaded breaking that DLC in future loads.
- Fixed some selected drop shadow issues with overlapping windows.
- Fixed issue with ‘End Turn’ getting stuck on screen / broken turns.
- Fixed issue with Camera bouncing off non locked objects.
- Fixed issue with Alt zoom on jigsaw puzzle box being upside down at default position.
- Fixed potential memory leak from spotlight.
- Fixed issue with users choosing game master when not the host.
- FIxed issue with Tooltip word wrap not ignoring bbcode and causing weird spacing.
- Fixed issue with Table getting destroyed by falling through the world and breaking the game.
- Fixed issue with 3D objects clipping and overlapping 2D menus.
- Fixed issue with Custom boards not resizing correctly.
- Fixed issue with Korean characters not working correctly in the chat.
- Fixed promoted player spawning custom table / background from expanding a save.
- Fixed loading .cjc error with corrupt custom decks.
v8.5.0 - Top Down Camera, Revamped ALT Zoom
Happy 2017! Here’s to another great year of gaming! To celebrate the new year, we’re having a giveaway for Tabletop Simulator and its DLCs, so be sure to check that out here.
This update focuses a lot on cleaning up the UI and existing functions as we really want TTS to look nice and clean. If you come across any funny looking bugs be sure to post them on our forums.
New Camera Mode – Top Down
- You can now use the new Orthographic camera.
- This keeps the camera locked in top down 2D view.
- This is great for games that require more of a top down view or for placing down and aligning objects perfectly.
- Press P to toggle between the camera modes or right click on a non-object to bring up the Global Contextual Menu.
ALT Zoom Revamp
- Orthographic camera so everything is perfectly flat and readable at any angle.
- Improved object clipping prevention.
- You can now see objects as they are supposed to be.
- It will use the entire screen if it’s supposed to.
- This now works on animated objects and the 3D UI.
- Added Spotlight section on the Main Menu for any relevant news, updates & community spotlights.
- Updated the Main Menu and Multiplayer sections to fit with new UI.
- Improved sharpness of sprites throughout the UI.
- There are a still a lot more updates that need to be done.
- setPositionSmooth() / setRotationSmooth() works on locked objects and they stay locked
- Added isSmoothMoving()
- Added getLock() and setLock(bool)
- Added highlightOn(table color, float duration (Optional)) and highlightOff()
- Fixed issue with cards in new decks not being given a unique GUID.
- Fixed scripting exploit to spawn objects when they are destroyed.
- Fixed not cleaning up Lua coroutines properly.
Sorting & Saving Improvements
- Sorting in the Games menu will now save between sessions.
- Games Menu will not forget search term when reloading the UI after expanding mods & saves.
Loading Screen Improvements
- Fixed issue when resizing the game wouldn’t update video / loading image size.
- Fixed load screen for 21:9 aspect ratio.
- Improved all 3D object previews.
- Optimized physics sleep settings for better performance.
- Optimized stutters.
- Objects are now highlighted the player color when they do any functions – scaling, rolling, color tinting, under, locking, etc. This will allow you to see who are doing things when they aren’t supposed to.
- You can now load custom tables when expanding a mod.
- You can now expand and load custom backgrounds from the Workshop.
- Improved protection against corrupt player prefs.
- Added safe guard for objects falling forever if colliders are lost.
- Better error handling when saving long name URLs to disk.
- Added mouse scrolling to the Games Menu so you can use your scroll wheel to quickly scroll through the pages, as well as on the front menu with the categories.
- Moved Saved Slot number to the top left of thumbnail instead of in the name to give more space for the text.
- Saved objects added to Objects menu in the top bar, so you no longer need to go to the Chest to access it.
- Added confirmation button when loading a save to prevent accidental missclicks.
- Added a /debug command to highlight objects red that are moving. Great for tracking down objects that are causing network and physics overhead.
- Fixed UI issues with the mp3 player.
- Found lost card (Solar Engineering) inside the table and added it to the Research deck for Darkrock Ventures DLC.
- Fixed issue with building cards locking into place upside-down in Tiny Epic Western.
- Fixed issue with the possibility of DLCs breaking when changing from one DLC to another.
- Fixed having to exit to main menu when having a DLC breaking loading.
- Fixed custom token not resizing correctly with more than one in save expand or bag search.
- Fixed expand save / bags not working correctly on old cjc files.
- Fixed issue with closing a custom model menu that hasn’t loaded correctly not being properly deleted.
- Fixed issue with Tooltips being behind elements.
- Fixed issue where the camera spins like crazy when pressing space when at 0.
- Fixed spectator error message when they try to move a piece.
- Fixed issue with Ellipse … text not wrapping correctly.
- Fixed deck override sideways property on card.
- Fixed locked object in deck / bag.
- Fixed issue with Games Menu not refreshing correctly when you save as Promoted.
- Fixed pixel paint drawing not loading between saves.
- Fixed create folder and saved objects appearing behind the UI.
- Fixed tooltip getting stuck on the tools menu.
v8.4.0 - UI Overhaul, In-Game Screenshots & More!
This is the probably the longest we’ve gone without an update, so thanks for your patience! We’re all set in our new little studio in Austin, TX and while we’re not completely situated, we’re happy to be in one place! We’re still looking for programmers, so if you’re in the area (must live in Austin already!), then please send us your info.
We have made some major changes to our Games menu which now houses the default “Classic” games, DLCs, Workshop mods and Saves. You can now easily find all your games in one spot with thumbnails! We can finally get rid of those old ugly Workshop and Save menus! We have also updated the Top menu and ESC menu with more changes to come!
This will be our last update of 2016 as we go home for the holidays. We wish you all a very happy holiday and we look forward to seeing you next year. Lots more great things to come in 2017, including updates to VR and getting Oculus Touch users up and running.
Games Menu Overhaul
- Updated the Games menu to be more user friendly.
- New Games menu showcases the base “Classic” games, the DLCs, your Workshop mods you’ve subscribed to and your Saved games.
- Each section highlights the first games on each respective list.
- When you click on one of the categories, you will see your games listed in a grid style in default order.
- Workshop and Saved games are now shown with a thumbnail.
- Old save files will not have a thumbnail until resaved.
- Pages have been implemented so you can easily scroll through the different pages without having one continuous scroll.
- Unowned DLCs will have a lock icon.
- Depending on the game category, you can sort by Name, Random, Date Released, Recently updated games, the Slot number, and the Date created.
- This is still a work in progress as we add more features to the menu, like creating folders and favorites. If you have suggestions, please post them below.
- Hover over a game for different options:
- Info – Opens up workshop page in overlay .
- Expand – Lets you open up and see what is in each mod.
- Delete – Will both unsubscribe to the mod and delete the files from your computer.
- Overwrite – Will overwrite the existing saved game.
- Expand – Lets you open up and see what is in each save.
- Delete – Deletes the saved game.
- To create a new save, click on GAMES, SAVES and then press the CREATE button.
- When you save a game, an image will be taken based on where your camera is facing and this will become your thumbnail image.
Top Bar and ESC menu Overhaul
Updated Top Bar menu & icons to give it a cleaner and more streamlined look.
Each icon represents a category and either a window will pop up or you will get a drop down menu with options.
This helps keep everything more organized and quicker to find what you’re looking for.
ESC menu has also been updated to reflect the new UI changes.
You can bring up the menu by pressing the ESC key or pressing the menu icon on the Top Bar.
To change your color and team, you can now find this by clicking on your name in the top right.
- Fixed some UI elements not being as sharp as they should have been (especially noticeable on text).
- Improved the sharpness of the hover tooltip.
- Color picker: Fixed drop shadow, added tooltips, adjusted placement.
- Search Menu: Fixed clipping.
- Fixed and cleaned up miscellaneous UI elements.
High Quality Screenshots
- You can now take high quality screenshots of your games at twice resolution and x8 msaa.
- The UI is ignored, so you don’t need to worry about turning it off.
- Press SHIFT + F11 to take the pictures.
- Screenshots are located in your Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Screenshots folder.
Darkrock Ventures Improvements
- Fixed scaling on Research Deck.
- Changed grey pips to black on the mining dice for easier readability.
- Reference Card is now able to be Alt Zoomed.
Spirits of the Rice Paddy Improvements
- The Water Tokens custom bag is now a normal bag, not an Infinite one, and contains the correct limited number of Water Tokens for a legal game.
- Various pieces have been drawn from their bags to form piles beside the main board for the convenience of players when a game begins.
- Each player’s starting Laborer, Gate, Wall and Rock Tokens have been added to their areas to reduce set-up time.
- The player-color-marked pieces set before each of the four Spirit-Card slopes at the back of the table have been moved forward to reduce interference with cards.
- The tray for the Rice Token-bags has been moved forward to be more convenient to reach.
- The bags for Laborer, Growth and Livestock Tokens, and for Achievement Tiles, have been moved forward to be more convenient to reach.
- The offering-bowl object containing the Water Tokens bag has been moved to the other side of the table for convenience.
- The reflective setting on the Round Marker piece has been altered slightly to make it appear more authentically wooden and less shiny.
- The scale of the Water Tokens has been reduced slightly to make them more manageable on the player-boards.
- Added information to the Notebook’s Key Points about the corridors in the Wizard’s Academy DLC.
- Fixed typo for the “Acolyte” character sheet in the Darkest Night DLC.
- Fixed spacing in the tooltip for the “Anna & Wojtek” figurine in the Scythe DLC.
- Added a tooltip in the chat settings to include a link to the global chat rules.
- In global chat your name is highlighted purple when someone mentions you.
- Added Peek option under Modifiers in the Help Menu.
- Fixed issue when searching objects would add random snap points.
- Fixed zombie search icon getting stuck on object.
- Fixed issue where blindfolded users were able to see peek and card search indicators.
- Fixed issue with Tutorial being stuck on ? mark stage because ESC Help Menu didn’t work.
- Fixed issue with loading a new save not clearing out any drawings from the previous save or game.
- Fixed search clipping on different aspect ratios.
- Fixed search lighting being too bright.
- Fixed issue with Tooltip getting stuck on pointer.
- Fixed issue when searching a bag that contains a custom infinite bag.
v8.3.0 - Future UI Sneak Peek!
Our next focus will be on overhauling the weaker parts of our UI. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come.
This isn’t complete yet, but you’ll have a menu just like this for your Workshop Mods and Saves as well. And the game you are hovering over will stand out a bit more, like in the gif below. Let us know what you think!
Wizard’s Academy Improvements
- Added names to cards that didn’t have them.
- Fixed spelling errors in tool tips.
- Fixed some punctuation in the Notebook.
- Added link to the rulebook in the Notebook.
- Unlocked white starting pieces.
- Improved draggable windows look and clarity.
- Drop shadow added on focused window.
- Improved window focus recognition.
- Swapped out all background menus for an improved look.
- Improved look of close buttons.
- Fixed issue with drawing on interactable = false objects not working.
- Fixed pointer position on interactable = false objects not being aligned properly.
- Fixed custom model and custom tile sharing an image together having messed up aspect ratios.
- Fixed issue with tabs influencing other windows
v8.2.0 - Global Chat & Scripting Improvements
Here’s a quick patch as we’ll be heading to Seattle next week for Steam Dev Days.
We have also added some improvements to both global chat and scripting.
We’re always listening to your feedback, so be sure to always post your suggestions on our official forums or in the pinned thread in our sub-reddit.
Global Chat Improvements
- Developer and Moderator tags added to Global Chat [DEV] & [MOD].
- Developers now show up as red and Moderators are now orange.
- The bot Berserk will show up as red but without any tags.
- Fixed Global Chat mods/devs coloring not working consistently.
- Added setCustomObject() getCustomObject() assetbundle, image_secondary.
- Added AssetBundle trigger and looping effects.
- Improved the look of smaller scripting buttons to allow smaller sizes and reduced pixelations at further away zooming.
- Fixed issue with scripting button at zero size not hiding for clients.
- Peek now works in searching, so you can see the front and backs of objects.
- Improved icon indicators for Peek and Search for better tracking.
- More hover over icons have been added to dice, RPG figurines, the clock and effects for AssetBundles.
- Fixed issue with Broadcast messages getting stuck on screen if disabling the UI with F11.
- Fixed issue with Viticulture DLC colors of textures being off.
- Fixed text in tooltip for Automa cards in Viticulture DLC.
- Fixed issue with AssetBundle physics material setting not working.
- Fixed issue with Particle effects not triggering with TTSAssetBundleEffects.
- Fixed issue with custom model flying up when removed from bags.
- Fixed issue with Vector and Paint tool being seen in solid hidden zones at certain camera angles.
v8.1.0 - Peek Cards, AssetBundle Improvements & Lots of Fixes!
We have added a new Peek feature, where you can look at the backside of cards and other objects!
Thanks the great community feedback, we were able to correct mistakes that came up in our Viticulture DLC. Remember to let us know if you encounter any issues as we’ll never know unless you tell us!
One last thing – It’s very important to update your AssetBundle projects because any AssetsBundles you create will not work on other platforms, so before doing anything else, update your project and make sure to update all your AssetBundles!
DLC – Viticulture Improvements
- Added snap points to the mats for worker placement.
- Fixed sizing to make the board more proportional to the table.
- Fixed Mama & Papa cards to be in the proper orientation and placement.
- Fixed coloring of all textures.
- You can now view the backside of a card or object with Peek.
- In conjunction with ALT Zoom, hold shift while alt zooming to see the backside.
- Similar to the Search, players will be notified when someone is peeking an object with an eye icon over the object.
- Eye icon will disappear after 3 seconds when the player done peeking.
- Also works with custom figurines to see the other side of the image.
- Spectators will not able to peek objects to avoid information being passed along to other players.
AssetBundle Project Improvements
- Updated alert script to check github to see if there is a new version.
- Confirms you have the correct version of Unity installed.
- Tries to verify your project install.
- Make sure to update to the latest version.
- Bag searching now works with AssetBundles.
- Changed AssetBundle model default to a cube.
- Added AssetBundle URLs to multiplayer local file check.
- Fixed duplicate AssetBundle on client breaking the download tracker.
- Fixed pink texture bug on Mac / Linux by including shaders with build.
- Fixed issue with AssetBundle bag numbering not working.
- Fixed issue when importing AssetBundle with looping effects and no trigger effects.
- Control Scheme updated with Peek info & updated Tips section.
- Added a hyperlink to the blue helper question marks on certain menus that goes to the Knowledge Base, appropriate for that menu.
- Improved depth sorting of snap points.
- Fixed Custom Tile image messing up.
- Fixed issue with Custom tile ‘Mat’ as stackable not working properly.
- Fixed issue with custom tiles stacking and changing the image when they have different back images.
- Fixed issue with custom models stacking incorrectly.
- Fixed custom model color tint applying to all sub models.
- Fixed custom model searching not working.
- Fixed sub-meshes in custom models being tinted incorrectly.
- Fixed scripting related crashes that has to do with buttons.
- Fixed issue with script button not working on custom objects.
- Fixed script buttons causing weird physics.
- Fixed issue with Unique backs and Back is hidden as false not working properly.
- Fixed issue with client creating tabs in notebook getting duplicated.
- Fixed issue with cards being too “sticky”.
- Fixed calculator so it works again.
- Fixed issue with Team Text Chat tab disappearing when switching teams.
- Fixed issue with icon showing up when searching in hidden zones.
- Fixed bag duplication exploit.
v8.0.0 - AssetBundles & more!
What makes v8.0 so special? AssetBundles! This is an advanced feature for those who want to have complete control over their custom objects. Giving you the power of the Unity game engine.
Take your mods and games to a whole new level by adding animations, sounds, lights, particles and much more! You can read all about it at our Knowledge Base, full of images and examples.
Cosmic Encounter Improvements
- Named Alien and Flare cards for ease of searching in the base game.
- Added missing rotation snap points.
- Fixed Tooltip for Alliance box.
- Deleted duplicate tables which no longer make tables interactable.
- AssetBundles are an advanced feature for those who want complete control over their custom objects with the power of the Unity engine.
- Anything that Unity engine provides besides scripting can be exported as an AssetBundle and then reimported into Tabletop Simulator.
- This includes full shader / material support, animations, sounds, lights, particles, and much more.
- Better image quality thanks to better image compression.
- Custom script TTSAssetBundleEffects to creating looping and trigger effects.
- Custom script TTSAssetBundleSounds to override the games trigger and impact sounds.
- The Modding Project can be downloaded on GitHub.
- You can read all about AssetBundles at our Knowledge Base.
Custom Figurine Improvements
- Added a back image option, so you can now have a different image for both sides.
- Improved the aspect ratio stretch to be more accurate.
- Reduced collision issue with super wide aspect ratio images.
- Fixed tooltip for the Map Tiles in the Zombicide DLC.
- Shaking object will now reset any slight rotation offset it has when picked up.
- Copy and pasting objects are now placed more like expected, based on the object you are hovered over.
- Optimized all of our default objects, removing unnecessary components.
- Fixed issue with Color Tint not applying to more than one object when copy/pasting.
- Fixed issue with being able to stack double sided tiles that don’t share the same backside image.